Skin is an amazing thing. It protects us from nasties yet allows our bodies to absorb nutrients. It is our largest organ, it grows hair, it shrinks, it stretches.
It is the first port of call for the way we look and feel, yet it is the sometimes last element that we take into account when caring for ourselves.
To care and maintain the look, feel and health of your skin, you need to define YOUR skin type and skin definition can be a tricky business.
Everyone’s skin is normal to them – you wake up in the morning with the skin that you go to bed with – but how best can you care for the skin you are in, taking into account all those things which affect it… We all know that weather, diet, sleep, genetics and even (deep breath) age affect our skin and how it looks.. all those elements may affect your skin differently than they affect mine..
So what is the best way to define your skin TYPE, then source products which treat, support and maintain and rejuvenate the skin you are in?
We at Vanessa Megan love solving problems such as this and to do so have come up with a Skin Typing Quiz to assist you in defining your skin type. We then have a list of Vanessa Megan products which will assist in tackling any issues which may come hand in hand with your skin type…
Of course, because we are Vanessa Megan, love all things organic and back up any promises made with scientific evidence, the products we list contain no chemicals, are Australian Made and sourced, made by hand with love and are effective…
So, all you have to do now is answer the questions below and add up the numbers which correlate to your answers (a bit like a Dolly or Cleo quiz – remember those?). Your Skin type according to that number is at the bottom..
1. When you wake up in the morning, how does your skin look?
1) Red & blotchy, dry & flaking or pink
2) Uneven, flakey in areas
3) Not terribly different than usual
4) Shiny and slick on and around my nose and hairline
2. Do you get dry / itchy patches on your skin?
3) Only in extreme weather conditions
3. What is your pore size?
2) Small, visible pore size around my nose
3) Large on my nose, chin and my forehead
4) Large overall
4. How often do you need to powder your nose to stay shine-free?
2) once a day—sometimes more often in the summer
3) twice a day
4) iI seems I can’t apply powder frequently enough
5. How would you describe the depth of your wrinkles.
1) Deep lines that remain after I am expressive. (Laugh/frown)
2) Lines that a visible after I laugh /frown
3) Lines that disappear after I am expressive.
4) I have no major expression lines.
6. How does your skin feel after cleansing with a foaming cleanser
1) Like it will crack it is so dry.
2) As if I need to put moisturizer on straight away.
3) I can easily wait an hour or so before putting moisturiser on
4) I don’t need to moisturize after I cleanse this way.
7. How often do you complain of chapped lips?
1) I always have dry / cracked lips
3) My lips are chapped in extreme weather conditions
4) I rarely have chapped lips
8. Which of these descriptions sounds most like your body?
1) My legs flake without moisturizer and I have annoying little bumps on the backs of my arms
2) My legs get dry and flakey in Winter only.
3) my legs are dry in the winter and I get occasional back breakouts.
4) I have regular back and chest breakouts
9. How often do you need to wash your hair each week?
1) Once a week
2) Two – three times a week
3) I need to wash it every second day
4) I wash it every morning and often still have an oily scalp by bedtime
Add up your score to determine which Skin Type group you belong to below:
9-11 = Extremely Dry / Mature Skin
12- 18 = Dry Skin
19- 25 = Normal Dkin
26 -30 = Combination Skin
31-36 = Oily Skin
- – -
Vanessa Megan Products to Match Your Skin Type
Extremely Dry / Mature Skin
LEMON - TO YOUR AID Ok, so we have all had at least...Read More
DIY COOLING EYE MASK... I absolutely love this eye mask. If I need to...Read More
We are proud to announce our Blood Orange Body Wash is the...Read More
Reduce redness and moisturise with this beautifully simple face mask... If you suffer...Read More
The humble Egg, may not be so humble!! Egg whites are very high...Read More
As the weather starts to warm our thoughts turn to summer and...Read More